Sunday 4 October 2009

Time flies!! (catch up)

Well doesn't time fly when your earning a living, it's been months since I left my job and embarked on this new career, it's been a busy old year, I can't believe how fantastic it's been, I must be working double the hours I was when I worked for a company but the satisfaction is amazing I love what I do and wouldn't go back now for anything, although there is no going back as the company I worked for has now almost ceased being, which is very sad but things do change and we all must move on.
But to cut a long story short, I've not stood still since I started my company "Fairbourn Children's Furniture" I make and design bespoke pieces of furniture especially for children in time honoured ways from solid wood here in Yorkshire. I hand paint the items and I must say there's rarely been a day when I havn't been covered in paint, I don't think I posses any clothes that are untouched by paint or wax, the transition from office job to freezing old mill has been inspirational, and the people I work with are fantastic.
I've also met many great people on the way, I will try feature people in with my blog because they are all great and deserve much success.

No comments: